LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Aug. 28, 2015) – Greater Louisville Inc. – the Metro Chamber of Commerce announced the winners for its 2015 Inc.credible Awards presented by Strothman & Company. The 2015 Celebration of Small Business Luncheon held Friday at the Galt House, aimed to recognize, celebrate and inspire small businesses in Greater Louisville. Annually, the event recognizes the best and brightest in the field.
“It is great to take time to celebrate the accomplishments of our region’s small businesses,” said GLI President and CEO Kent Oyler. “The vast majority of local businesses are small and the ones being honored at the Inc.credibles Awards are some of the very best we have in Greater Louisville.”
This year’s competition drew over several hundred nominees for the Inc.credible Awards. A panel of judges made up of regional business leaders reviewed the 6 respective categories and Greater Louisville Inc. is proud to announce the following winners:
• The Greening/Sustainability Award presented by Harshaw Trane is given to the company with the best green practices and energy efficiency. The winner is E-Z Construction Co. Inc.
• Health & Wellness Award presented by Humana is awarded to the company that actively encourages healthy lifestyles and embraces activities that promote wellness and healthy lifestyles in the workplace. The winner is Chromatography Research Supplies, Inc.
• Innovation/Technology Utilization Award presented by Middleton Reutlinger is bestowed upon the company that best utilizes technology to advance everyday productivity and revenue. The winner is BMS LLC.
• Non Profit Award presented by The Glenview Trust Company is open to all Greater Louisville area 501(c)(3) organizations, at least 3 years of age, with local governance. The winner is Family & Children’s Place.
• Very Small Business of the Year Award presented by Mortenson Family Dental is awarded to companies with 1-9 employees that exemplify both business and civic leadership. The winner is JYB3 Group.
• Small Business of the Year Award presented by Malone Solutions is open to businesses with 10-100 employees that also exemplify both business and civic leadership. The winner is ARGI Financial.
• This year, to celebrate 15 years, we launched a special People’s Choice Award. Nearly 1500 people voted and the winner for the 2015 People’s Choice Inc.credible Award went to The Cabbage Patch Settlement House.
These small businesses represent the hard work and continuing efforts of Louisville’s diverse population, including successful women and minority-owned companies and their employees. Congratulations to all of our small business nominees, finalists and winners and thank you for making a big impact in Greater Louisville.
This year marked the 15th year for the awards and also included the announcement of the expansion of the Member Perks program. From payroll processing to waste and recycling savings, the program offers members businesses and their employees discounts on products or services from other chamber members. The program has added Ecomtek, EPayroll Resource Group, John Conti, Logan’s, Norton Healthcare, LifeLock, and ProWaste to the cost savings list. The businesses will join existing members Humana, Office Depot, Thornton’s and the Kentucky Rx card in the suite of discounted goods and services open to GLI members. In some cases, discounts of up to 75% are offered.
To learn more about the member perks program, please visit http://www.greaterlouisville.com/Members/Benefits/.
About Greater Louisville Inc.
Greater Louisville Inc. – the Metro Chamber of Commerce is where regional business leaders come together to accelerate business competitiveness, economic growth and job creation in the Greater Louisville region. The region’s largest business leadership organization, GLI leads economic and global outreach strategies focused on business attraction; nurtures the entrepreneurial eco-system and fast growth companies; and champions the development of the community’s talent base. As the voice of the business community, GLI advocates for a pro-business environment and facilitates business leadership engagement on issues that impact regional competitiveness. For more information, visit www.GreaterLouisville.com.