Join our Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon Team!
Whether you want to run the 2016 miniMarathon or the Derby Festival Marathon, why not join the Family and Children’s Place team and help support families in our community recover from the trauma of abuse!
Benefits for team members who raise at least $250 include:
- Personalized race jerseys with fun nickname
- Marathon or mini-marathon training packets
- Invitations to free group training sessions
- Free pre-race team dinner in our Board Room.
- Complimentary post-race massage
- Team happy hour the week after the race
- Discount with Louisville Sports and Endurance’s HUB training package
Stay tuned for updates
Is my race registration covered by my fundraising total?
No. You will need to register for the KDF Marathon or miniMarathon independently at www.kdf.org.
What does the money I collect go toward?
Fully 100 percent of funds you raise will go to Family & Children’s Place’s services to help and support children and families.
How do I raise money?
The easiest way to get started is to go to http://www.active.com/donate/famchildplace. Have a look at our step by step guide to fundraising on the next page.
When do I have to have $250 raised by?
Team members must show proof of funds raised by the week of the race.
What does the training program consist of?
Stay tuned for details!
How to sign up and fundraise
- Visit http://www.active.com/donate/famchildplace to register
- Click “Become a fundraiser” at the top of the page
- If you are a new user to Active.com you will need to register as a new user. Click “I do not have a username or password.” Fill out the appropriate information.
- Create a Fundraising Page for yourself. You can be creative and come up with a Tag Line & Web Address for your page. Have fun with it—load up a picture & set up a goal for yourself.
- Once you have created your page, be sure to use the fundraising email tool in Active. Click the “invite others to donate” link to email your contacts to support you and Family & Children’s Place.
- Be sure to log back in from time to time to make edits, send emails, and check reports.
For more information, please contact Leah Walker at email@example.com or 502-855–6075