- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Family & Children’s Place does not own or control, or to people that Family & Children’s Place does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Family & Children’s Place collects your internet service providers “IP” or internet address when you access certain services or pages. Our system also tracks how long a user remains on a page. This information does not identify you to us.
- If you register with Family & Children’s Place for access to private areas of the site we ask for your name, email address, employer, title, street address, city, state, zip code, and phone number. Once you register with Family & Children’s Place and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- If you post a message on a Family & Children’s Place discussion board the system will record you IP address, email address and possibly computer identification code. This information could be used to identify you in the event that the system is used in a manner contrary to the Terms Of Service.
- If you attempt to access a restricted area of our system without the proper software, account information and password our system will log your internet service provider, your IP address, your proxy settings, a traceroute table on your connection, the identity of all intermediate stages in the connection, your machines’ code and name, your email address, and a log of your actions. This information will be distributed freely to law enforcement authorities and your internet service provider.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Family & Children’s Place will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Family & Children’s Place may send personally identifiable information about you to other organizations or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information (e.g., you join a mailing list);
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested (e.g., you request information that is available only outside our immediate organization)
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Terms Of Service.
- Your Family & Children’s Place Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- In certain areas Family & Children’s Place uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- Family & Children’s Place may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.