Dear Friend of Family & Children’s Place!
Family & Children’s Place is marking the 30th year of CAPER on Saturday, Feb. 18, at the Galt House Hotel. We hope you have made plans to join us.
The post-game party, following the UofL Cardinals vs. Virginia tech promises to be full of food and fun, and is one of our most important fundraisers. We are also planning live and silent auctions, so I wanted to share with you some listings of items ahead of CAPER.
- Harnessing the Fine Arts. Enjoy a month or private music lessons at Mom’s Music, along with three half-hour private dance lessons and a $25 gift card to Uptown Art. Then strap on a helmet and harness for your three one-day passes at Climb Nulu.
- Mint Julep Bourbon Journey. Learn about Kentucky’s native spirit, about the corn, the wheat, the rye and the yeast in this tour for two with Mint Julep Tours.
- Family Fun Package. Along with a year’s Family pass to the Louisville Nature Center, you get a bunch of adventures in Louisville’s Underground with this Mega Cavern Package. Includes four historic tram tour tickets, one mega zip ticket, one mega quest ticket, one electric bike tour pass and one underground bike park pass. There are also four tickets to see StageOne’s Production of James and the Giant Peach.
- Experience Louisville Package. There’s lots to love about this package, beginning with two one-day passes to the Louisville Zoo, where you can walk through the animals, talk to the animals, well, you get the idea. Then it’s off to the Louisville Science Center, with two free passes, to do some science-y stuff. Experience what lies beneath with two cavern tour passes to Squire Boone Caverns and then grab a couple of friends and enjoy – four tickets total – the Frazier History Museum and then a tour – for four – of the Kentucky Peerless Distillery. It whets your appetite with things to do!
- Doing the Indy 500 Up Right. This is a gearheads and grease monkeys delight package. Includes two general admission tickets to the Brickyard on three of its biggest ever days – Carb Day May 26, including VIP tickets to the pre-concert party; Legends Day, featuring Keith Urban in concert, May 27; and race day, the 101st Indy 500 – and you get to watch from the Miller Lite Party Deck in turn four! It’s a lotta left turns, but it’s also a lotta fun!
- Sauce Boss. Get ready to be blown away by barbecue, and then to chill out from your slow cooked and hand pulled coma in your University of Louisville fleece blanket. It all starts with a $20 gift card to Shack in the Back BBQ, a Feast BBQ Basket and gift basket and gift card from Martin’s BBQ Joint. Don’t forget your wet wipes!
- Blue Lights and Breadworks. Get ready for a ride-along with the Louisville Metro Police Department, and then enjoy bagel, bread or sweets with a $15 gift card to Breadworks.
Doing Disney. Grab your mouse ears and get ready for a day of rides, shows, sights, sounds and sensations with four one-day passes to Disney World. Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald are waiting!
We have many other items for auction, and you do not have to be present at CAPER to bid. You can bid from the comfort of your smartphone during CAPER, which runs from 3-6 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 18. Here is the link to get started: www.bidpal.net/caper2017
For the complete auction catalog, clock here.