Are you a young professional looking to give back? Applications for our annual Ambassador program are open through Friday, June 14! We are looking for individuals invested in our mission, to protect and heal children and families from violence, abuse, and neglect.
Since 1883, Family & Children’s Place has been building stronger families in Louisville and Southern Indiana through child abuse prevention, intervention, and treatment programs. Our mission is to protect and heal children and families, with a vision of happy, healthy children and families free from abuse. As a Family & Children’s Place Ambassador, you will act as an advocate and fundraiser for our organization. Participation in the program runs a fiscal year term (July 1 – June 30) and requires quarterly participation in these four areas of service.
July-September – Service Shadow – Ambassadors will shadow one or more of our program offerings:
- Child & Family Services – Skilled professionals provide therapeutic services designed to help heal and strengthen children and families. F&CP offers a strengths-based, collaborative approach consistent with a Trauma-Informed-Care philosophy.
- HANDS – a statewide DPH-regulated visitation program that provides tools, training, and resources to help new and expectant parents bond with their babies and provide happy, healthy, safe homes
- Child Advocacy Center – a program utilizing evidence-based practices and a multidisciplinary, child-focused team approach to child abuse victims and non-offending caregivers. Services include but are not limited to, crisis counseling, advocacy, comprehensive child sexual abuse, and abuse examinations and forensic interviewing
- Family & School Services – Evidence-based after-school programs that work with educators and families to help students improve social and academic success
October-December – Thank-a-Thon – Ambassadors will network with Family & Children’s Place board members and participate in a Thank-a-thon where calls are made to Family & Children’s Place donors to thank them for their support. Family & Children’s Place will provide all the necessary tools for the thank-a-thon
January-March – Community Engagement – Ambassadors will be tasked with representing Family & Children’s Place at various community events, which could include speaking opportunities
April-June – Champions for Children Breakfast Table Host – Ambassadors will be tasked with hosting a table for nine people (10 including Ambassador) by engaging their personal network for our annual breakfast fundraiser
Ambassadors will engage their personal and professional networks to help forge new relationships for the agency and, through participation in all four service areas, become a community advocate and supporter for our mission of protecting and healing children and families.
By committing to be part of the Ambassador program, you agree to make a $250 gift by the end of the fiscal year term. The donation can be paid in full or monthly, or raised through a third-party platform (Facebook birthday fundraiser, for example).
- Age 21+
- Clear sex crime and violent offender background checks (per KRS 17.165).
- Completed application and sign-offs (pledge of confidentiality, a liability release, standard of conduct, drug-free workplace), applicable reference checks and training.
A required training and orientation program will be provided by Family & Children’s Place staff.
Interested in becoming a Family & Children’s Place Ambassador? APPLY HERE. We are accepting applications through June 14, 2019. All applicants will be notified on June 21, 2019 if they have been accepted into the ambassador program.
If you have questions regarding the ambassador program or the process, please contact email@example.com.