LOUISVILLE, KY (July 16, 2019) – Family & Children’s Place, Louisville’s leading child abuse prevention and treatment provider, is pleased to welcome seven young business and community leaders, the agency’s fifth class of Ambassadors.
Members of the 2019-2020 Ambassador Class include:
- Lauren Bisig, Ambassador Chair, Northwestern Mutual
- Alex Brey, Oxford Rhine Real Estate
- Liz Morris, Humana
- Ashley Rice, OrangeTheory Fitness
- Janet Schmitt, FireKing Security Group
- Shannon Siders, Kwantek
- Reed Welker, Maxim Healthcare Services
“The Family & Children’s Place Ambassador program began as a way to develop meaningful relationships with young professionals looking to improve their community,” shared Holly Neeld, director of development, who oversees the Ambassador program. “Over the years, this program has had a huge impact on our organization – raising hundreds of dollars and volunteering countless hours. We’re so excited to work with this new group as we partner together to end child abuse in Kentucky and Southern Indiana.”
Lauren Bisig, a member of the 2018 Ambassador Class and financial advisor with Northwestern Mutual, is chair of the 2019-2020 Ambassador Class. She has been a longtime volunteer with Family & Children’s Place, starting in 2015 as a volunteer with our annual CAPER event. As the Ambassador chair, Lauren will manage the program alongside Neeld.
As an Ambassador, members commit to:
- Participate in an agency and program orientation
- Participate in quarterly activities with F&CP program and administrative staff
- Attend and host a table at the annual Champions for Children Breakfast in April
- Attend agency events including Lunch and Learns, Rally to End Child Abuse, and more
# # #
About Family & Children’s Place
Family & Children’s Place works to protect Kentuckiana children, families and communities from abuse, neglect, and exploitation and, through research-based, trauma-informed services, help them heal. The organization has supported families for more than 135 years and today serves approximately 5,000 children and families annually. For more information about Family and Children’s Place, visit www.famchildplace.org or call 502-893-3900.