Family & Children’s Place Ambassadors are passionate child advocates who raise support for the agency while building their brand, advancing their career, and expanding their network.
As a Family & Children’s Place Ambassador, you will develop relationships with seasoned community leaders, be equipped for success on a nonprofit board of directors, represent the agency at community events, and build your brand with frequent public recognition.
During their year-long service, Family & Children’s Place Ambassadors are expected to:
- Required Events: Attend the orientation (Jul. 23 from 6 to 8 p.m.), fundraising and media training (Aug. 22 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.), donor Thank-a-Thon (Dec. 1 from 6 to 8 p.m.), Champions for Children Breakfast (Apr. 2021), and closing celebration (Jun. 2021)
- Program Engagement: Participate in a shadowing session with one of our programs
- Community Engagement: Represent the agency at community events and/or run a marketing campaign on your personal social media account (event opportunities and marketing resources will be provided)
- Board Engagement: Consider joining a committee of the agency’s board of directors
- Fundraising Engagement: Host a table of eight guests from your network at the annual Champions for Children Breakfast
- Financial Support: Secure $500 in donations through a personal “give” or a fundraising “get”
To apply: Applications for the Ambassador Class of 2021-22 will open June 1, 2021 and be due June 25. Applicants will be notified of decisions on July 2 and the class will kick off immediately thereafter.