Virtual hosts comprise dozens of community members who are passionate about ending child abuse and eager to share our mission with their community. They are vital to the event’s success. Virtual hosts invite guests to join them at this event and into their personal breakout rooms.
How will Family & Children’s Place Support Virtual Hosts?
- Provide you with a digital Save-the-Date (downloads below) as well as other content to use to invite, track RSVPs, and thank your guests.
- Provide you with training so you feel confident speaking about the mission of Family & Children’s Place and making “the ask.”
- Check-in’s to support your efforts in inviting and communicating with guests.
- Provide you with a virtual breakout room guide for hosting your guests during the event.
- Acknowledge your hard work at the virtual event.
Virtual Host Responsibilities
- Invite your network – guests should be individuals whom you think have the capacity to give and a desire to support the FCP mission.
- Unsure of what to say? Use the template below to invite your network via social media and email.
- Update your social media pages. Use the digital downloads to let people know that you are attending the Champions for Children Fundraiser with an event image or banner.
- Have guests RSVP on the Champions for Children Virtual Fundraiser event webpage, and ensure guests have registered by Tuesday, April 6th. Ask your guests to indicate that you are their virtual host.
- A few days prior to the event, send a reminder to guests about the event and double-check that guests have received their event packet from FCP.
- Make “the ask” of your guests during the virtual fundraiser within your virtual breakout room & ensure guests are aware of their giving options (online, text-to-give, mail, etc.). Scripts and guides will be provided.
- Follow up with guests, thanking them for attending.